- (250 g) cake flour
- (6 g) salt
- (10 g) baking soda
- (5 g) baking powder
- (69 g) unsweetened cocoa
- (400 g) sugar
- (180 ml) vegetable oil
- (240 ml) hot coffee
- (240 ml) milk
- 2 large eggs
- (4 g) vanilla
- Preheat the oven to 350°F; and line 2 x 9″ round cake pans with parchment or wax circles.
- Sift together flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder, cocoa and sugar in a large mixing bowl.
- Add the hot coffee, oil and milk and mix it for about 2 minutes.
- Scrape down the sides of the bowl and add the eggs and vanilla. Beat for 2 more minutes. This chocolate cake recipe has a very liquid batter.
- Pour batter in prepared cake pans and bake for approx. 30 minutes. The cake is ready when an inserted wooden skewer or cake tester comes out clean or when cake springs back when lightly pressed with a finger.
- Let the cake cool in pans for about 10 minutes. Loosen the sides with a knife or metal spatula and invert to a metal rack. Invert again to another rack to prevent the cake from splitting.